Set of hands holding a one dollar bill

Financial Support Information for Faculty and Staff

Financial support for graduate study at UC Davis is available in several forms, including External Fellowships, UC Davis Internal Fellowships, Academic Employment, Nonresident Supplemental Tuition (NRST) fellowship programs for nonresident alien students, and loans. There are different policies and procedures for each type of financial assistance.

Graduate Studies is primarily responsible for fellowship funding and academic student employment.  Should you have any questions about educational loans, please contact the UC Davis Financial Aid Office.

For an estimate of the cost of graduate study at UC Davis, please visit the Tuition & Fees page and/or Financial Aid's Cost of Attendance page.*

* The tuition, fees, and charges posted here are estimates based on currently approved amounts. These figures may not be final; actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California or, as authorized, by the President of the University of California. Accordingly, final approved levels and charges may differ from the amounts shown.

Some or all instruction for all or part of the Academic Year may be delivered remotely. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year.

Need to Pay a Fellowship?

Many staff members need to pay a fellowship to academic graduate students. Graduate Studies facilitates the process for the payment of these fellowships via the student information system, Banner. If you are a graduate program coordinator and need access to the appropriate Banner screens to pay a fellowship, please contact Heidi West at If you are an account manager, please click here. Fellowships should not be confused with academic employment, such as a graduate student researcher or teaching assistant, which are paid via UC PATH. Questions regarding fellowship payments should be sent to

Academic Employment

Most graduate students will hold some sort of academic employment over the course of their time at UC Davis. The most common positions held by graduate students include the Graduate Student Researcher (GSR), Teaching Assistant (TA) and Reader title codes. Paid through UC PATH, these positions are subject to a complex set of policies and procedures. Questions regarding academic personnel and employment should be directed to

Frequently Used Resources

Work Study for Graduate Students

Each year, federal work study units are allocated to each graduate program or group to be awarded to student's with sufficient financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Work study units act as a cost-share with a grant or account for Graduate Student Researcher positions to lower the overall cost of hiring a graduate student as a GSR.

Master's Enrollment Incentive Program

The Master's Enrollment Incentive Program, or MEIP, is a funding model designed to increase master's graduate student enrollment at UC Davis.