- Registered Graduate Student Organizations
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Graduate Coordinators
Conference room reservations require additional information and approvals depending on your user type. See our facility use guidelines for more info.
Meeting Room Check-in Requirement: Due to no show's, our meeting rooms now require check-in. Users that reserve meeting rooms must check-in via the room scheduler outside the room 10 minutes in advance up to 10 minutes into the reservation time. Simply touch the check-in button during this time frame. Reservations that do not check-in will be canceled. Failure to check-in for two reservations will revoke reservation privileges.
The Graduate Center has an array of meeting rooms, conference rooms, and common spaces available for reservation. Please refer to our Facility Use Guidelines for reservation requirements prior to placing a reservation. The Graduate Center does not accept public reservations, our reservation system only provides access to Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Scholars, Graduate Coordinators, and Graduate Studies Staff via UC Davis CAS authentication. Authorized users may not reserve space on behalf of another organization without permission from the Graduate Center Manager.
Facility Availability & Reservations
- Meeting Rooms (1003, 1004, 1212, 1136)
There are four meeting rooms (A -1136, Greenwood-Johnson -1003, C -1004, Lewin -1212). These rooms accommodate up to six individuals for small meetings. When there is no reservation, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars can use these rooms for shared study (see our shared study guidelines). Each meeting room is equipped with 55" televisions, and video conferencing soundbars. Please see our facility use guidelines for reservation policies and our tiered reservation timelines. For detailed audiovisual information by room, please see our audiovisual page for technical specifications.
Reserve a Meeting Room
- Parent Study Lounge (1202)
There is one dedicated parent study lounge/meeting room that graduate students with children can reserve at no cost. Drop-in use is available to all graduate students and postdoctoral scholars but prioritized for student parents. This room is equipped with two 55" televisions and one video conferencing soundbar. Please see our facility use guidelines for reservation policies and our tiered reservation timelines. Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children’s safety and behavior. Do not leave your children unattended. If an unsupervised child comes to the attention of building personnel, UC Davis Police will be contacted. No childcare is provided. For detailed audiovisual information by room, please see our audiovisual page for technical specifications.
- Conference Rooms (1130, 1220, 1230)
There are three conference rooms (Gibeling -1220, West -1230, and East -1130) that are available for reservations. Each conference room is equipped with large displays, and video conference systems. Please see our facility use guidelines for reservation policies and our tiered reservation timelines. For detailed audiovisual information by room, please see our audiovisual page for technical specifications.
Reserve a Conference Room
- Loury Collaborative Studio (1120)
- The Loury Collaborative Studio provides space for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to engage in collaborative and planning activities such as career studios, meet-ups, and brainstorming sessions to foster creative, cross-disciplinary interactions - particularly those that support professional and career development. The LCS is reserved for students and postdocs participating in the following cohort-based programs to enhance their professional and career development: Professors for the Future; Leaders for the Future; and Graduate Writing Fellows. This space is not available for online reservation, please contact the GradPathways Institute for more information regarding the use of this space.
- Graduate Commons (1210)
- The Graduate Commons is the heart of the Graduate Center, providing social interaction space for up to 100. Mixed seating options provide plenty of space for studying, small informal meetings, and social space. This space is not available for online reservations as space is prioritized for informal interaction space and building tenant events. To request use of this space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Quiet Writing Room (1240)
- The Quiet Writing Room is reserved for shared study at all times. This room is not available for reservation. The room provides quiet writing and study space for up to 25 students. The room is mixed with sofa and table seating with built-in power. The room's sprawling windows look over the Student Community Center's fountain providing a relaxing study space.
- Graduate Center Kitchen (1203)
- Available for special event reservation with any Conference Room in the Graduate Center for catering needs. The kitchen provides prep space, a sink, microwave, dishwasher, and access to one shared refrigerator. Please note, a reservation is required to use the kitchen for special events.
- Walker Hall Classrooms (1330, 1320, 1310)
- The Walker Hall general use classrooms are not overseen by Graduate Studies and are open for public special event reservations. The Office of the Registrar oversees these classrooms, please see their website for academic reservation information. Special event reservations for classrooms are managed by Conference and Event Services.
Room Capacities and Diagrams
Detailed room capacities, diagrams, and images can be found within the reservation system.
|Room||Classroom Style||Lecture Style||Hollow-Square||Standing|
|Jeffrey & Marsha Gibeling Conference Room 1220||42||98||36||150|
|West Conference Room 1230||30||48||18||49|
|East Conference Room 1130*||Not offered||Not offered||20||
Basic room configuration changes are offered in 1220 and 1230.
*Room configuration changes are not offered in 1130. Clients can adjust the room but it must be returned to the standard hollow-square configuration at the end of your reservation. Care must be taken not to block emergency exits if reconfiguring the room.
Reservation Approvals & Assistance
Reservations that require approval are reviewed and approved in the order received. We recommend meeting reservations be placed at least two weeks in advance and special event reservations be placed at least one month in advance. After placing a reservation request, please allow up to 5 business days to hear from our team.
Note: Registered Graduate Student Organization reservations require special approval, please see our Facility Use Guidelines for more information.
Need assistance? Please email us.
We look forward to hosting you!