Graduate Studies Advisory Committee
The Graduate Studies Advisory Committee (GSAC) is an advisory committee that discusses issues that affect graduate program staff across campus. It serves as a resource and support network and makes recommendations to the Graduate Studies Dean’s Office. The committee is composed of graduate program staff and Graduate Studies staff.
- Brown Bags (suggestions are welcome)
- Workshops (suggestions are welcome)
- GSAC General Meetings (announced monthly through the list serve email@example.com)
2019-2020 GSAC Co-Chairs
- Samantha Arcement, Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Sarah Driver, Statistics
- Lauren Worrell, Civil and Environmental Engineering
New workshops will be announced soon.
- Work Study Presentation (Grace Woods)
- External Fellowships Presentation (Amineh Helalian and Maria Garcia)
- Language Support Programs for International Graduate Students (Emily Montgomery and Dawn Takaoglu)
Graduate Studies Advisory Committee Mentors/Mentees Group
Are you a new graduate program coordinator at UC Davis or UC Davis Medical Center? If so, you might want to consider joining the Graduate Studies Advisory Committee (GSAC) Mentors/Mentees group. This group meets once per quarter to discuss upcoming deadlines, procedures, best practices, Q & A, etc. This is an excellent opportunity to get to know your fellow program coordinators and get advice and information that may be beneficial in your career. New program coordinators (mentees) are paired with seasoned program coordinators (mentors) and the mentors are available to answer any questions that you may have during your day to day operations. If you are interested in becoming involved with the GSAC mentors/mentees group, please contact co-chairs Laura Young or Christal Wintersmith.