The CGPSA board was established to facilitate direct communication between the Chancellor and graduate and professional students at the University of California, Davis. The board informs students about activities within the Offices of the Chancellor and provides comprehensive recommendations to the Chancellor on areas of graduate and professional student need. The purpose of the Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board is to advise the Office of the Chancellor and advocate on the behalf of graduate and professional students.
The CGPSA board is composed of 15-20 current graduate and professional students representing a variety of departments, graduate groups, professional schools, and perspectives on graduate student life. To this end, the board includes representatives from academic graduate programs as well as the professional schools: the School of Law, the Graduate School of Management, the School of Nursing, the School of Education, the School of Medicine and the School of Veterinary Medicine. The board’s membership also reflects the diversity of graduate experiences and identities across gender, race, class, ability, age, sexuality and nationality.
In 2017, a report was compiled examining the previous six years of CGPSA activities; this included direct links to a large number of original reports that were previously lost or unshared with the larger campus community. To view the report—which includes updates on past recommendations as well as suggested future directions—click here.
2019-2020 Board Projects
The 2019-2020 board is currently undertaking three projects:
- An assessment of the resources available to AI's
- Continued work on the creation self-mentoring guides
- A review of mental health resources available to graduate students
- An assessment of available graduate group resources
- An Assessment of Graduate Student Debt (Activities canceled due to COVID-19)
- State of Graduate Student Life Retreat (Event canceled due to COVID-19)
- Graduate Group Resources Review Subcommittee Report
- Mentoring Subcommittee Report
- Graduate Student Employee Contracts: Associate Instructor Recommendations
- Graduate Student Mental Health Initiative Subcommittee Report
- Campus Resources Subcommittee Report
- Mentoring Subcommittee Report
- Graduate Student Employee Contracts Recommendations
Fall 2020 Application Process for First-Year (and Continuing) Graduate and Professional Students
We encourage any first year graduate or professional student to apply for membership on the CGPSA board. A completed application with opinion questions, curriculum vitae, and recommendation letter must be received by the Graduate Student Assistant to the Dean and the Chancellor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Graduate Studies, Attn. GSADC at the start of the fall quarter.
Please direct any additional questions, comments, or concerns to email@example.com.
2019-2020 Chancellor's Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board Members in picture above:
(left to right) Front: Kristin Bush, Samantha Pereira, Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, Chidera Alim, Dorothy Hoang, Chancellor Gary May, Katti Crakes, Slande Erole, Samuel Pizelo, Angelica Maria Sauceda, Ginger Alonso. Back: Dean JP Delplanque, Doreen Joseph, Breanne Weber, Allison Fulton, Gwyneth Manser, Jill Huynh, Tara Caso, CS Karl Engelbach