Preparing for Grad Slam
Getting ready to knock our socks off at Grad Slam? We can help. The GradPathways Institute for Professional Development offers a variety of resources and workshops to help you prepare for the big competition.
Grad Slam Competition Information
Watch the video below, which has all the information you need to participate in Grad Slam 2023:
- Review the eligibility and submission requirements
- Learn about the University of California Grad Slam competition
Prerecorded Presentation Tips Workshops
- Rock the Talk, Part 1: Overcoming Public Speaking Anxiety and Creating Your Elevator Talk (November 2020)
- Rock the Talk, Part 2: Creating an Effective and Memorable Presentation (January 2021)
- Getting to the Point: Communicating the Value of Your Research
Past Grad Slam Videos
Watch past videos of Grad Slam to be inspired by past winners.
- UC Davis Grad Slam 2022
- UC Davis Grad Slam 2021
- UC Davis Grad Slam 2019
- University of California Championship Rounds: 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2021
Presentation Skills Consultations
The Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE) offers personalized presentation skills consultations. These consultations can provide you with tools and feedback to improve the organization and delivery of your presentations. A TA Consultant will observe you presenting in class or in a practice session and then meet to discuss the presentation. This can ensure clarity and organization of ideas, enhance audience understanding, reduce anxiety about giving presentations, and promote student participation. Presentation skills consultations can help you enhance your in-class presentations, conference presentations, job talks, or other presentations. Learn more by visiting CEE's Learning and Teaching Consultation page.
Questions about Grad Slam? Contact us by emailing email@example.com.