Holistic U is an orientation experience which focuses on the unique issues facing newly admitted graduate students from historically marginalized communities. It is designed to prepare participating students for issues they may experience in their first year of graduate school through interactive workshops, panels, and networking activities with their peers, faculty, and staff. It is open to all students who are committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive academic environment.
Holistic U focuses on a holistic approach to:
- your graduate experience (You),
- your community (Us), and the
- University environment applied to equity, inclusion and diversity.
This year, the program will have two parts:
- Two-day virtual event to be held on Thursday, August 26th and Friday, August 27th from 9am - 12:00pm
- In-person programming, to coincide with the Graduate Studies Resource Fair on September 13, 2021 from 12-1:30pm
This event has already ended. Please look out for information for the 2022 Holistic U Diversity Orientation in Spring 2022.
For more information about Holistic U, contact the Diversity Team.