Grad Slam 2021
Congratulations to our 2021 Grad Slam Winners!
- First Place $2,500 Award: Amelia Munson, Ph.D. Candidate in Animal Behavior for “Fact or Fiction: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger”
- Second Place $1,500 Award: Paul Kasemsap, Ph.D. Candidate in Horticulture and Agronomy for "Mission N Possible: Let There Be (Nutritious) Bread”
- Third Place $750 Award: Alea Skwara, Ph.D. Candidate in Psychology, for “Compassion is a Skill that Can Be Learned”
- People's Choice $500 Award: Chelsea Kelland, Ph.D. Candidate in Immunology for “The Impact of Inflammation on Bone-Eaters in Arthritis”
- Public Scholarship & Engagement $500 Award: Paul Kasemsap, Ph.D. Candidate in Horticulture and Agronomy for "Mission N Possible: Let There Be (Nutritious) Bread”
What Is Grad Slam?
UC Grad Slam is an annual contest in which master’s and Ph.D. students across UC campuses – in disciplines ranging from hard sciences to humanities – compete to sum up their research for a general audience. Students should present the significance and fundamental points of their work at UC Davis in a clear, direct, and interesting manner.
Presentations should be no longer than three minutes in length and prepared for a diverse audience comprised of students, faculty, and community members. Judges will strongly consider clarity and effectiveness of the presentation by a general university audience.
Questions about Grad Slam? Contact us by emailing Kathryn Raley, Program and Events Manager, at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Grad Slam Sponsors!