For Travel to Professional Meetings
Graduate Studies accepts applications for graduate travel to meetings of nationally and internationally recognized professional societies twice annually. Each award period allows nine months for future conferences and three months for conferences that have already taken place.
Spring application deadline: Applications for travel during the period of January 1 through December 31, 2019 are due to the graduate programs by March 15, 2019. Awards will be announced the week of May 20, 2019.
- Fall application deadline: Applications for travel during the period of July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 are due to graduate programs by October 15, 2019. Awards will be announced the week of December 16, 2019.
Graduate students at or near the completion of their studies who have not previously received this award and who are presenting a research paper (acceptance of paper may be pending at time of application) are eligible. Students must be in good academic standing and are required to hold and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants must be registered graduate students. Students on PELP (Planned Educational Leave Program) are not eligible for this award. Students on Filing Fee status may apply. Travel must take place during the award period (see above) and prior to the student submitting their thesis or dissertation.
Award amounts vary depending on the destination of travel. Any expenditure allowable under the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual on the Travel Expense Voucher is reimbursable. Please note, these awards are funded by state funds and travel restrictions are listed here.
- All international travel - $1,500
- Domestic travel outside of California - $1,000
- Hawaii and Alaska (exception) - $1,500
- Travel within California - $500
Disabled student applicants whose disabilities require the assistance of a personal attendant may also request an award for the attendant’s travel.
Graduate student must submit their completed Graduate Student Travel Award Application (GS514) with the following supporting materials attached in this order to their Graduate Program Coordinator:
- An abstract of the paper or presentation.
- A letter of acceptance, a formal invitation, or a printed program as evidence of acceptance. Indicate “Pending” on the application if written confirmation has not yet been received. Funds, if awarded, will be released when Graduate Studies has received evidence of acceptance.
- Documentation of overall academic record or transcript (an unofficial copy attached by your graduate program coordinator is acceptable). Unofficial transcripts from SISWEB will not be accepted.
- A list of applicant’s publications and awards.
- A letter of recommendation from major professor.
- Please submit a separate application for each conference you are attending.
- Spring awards will be announced the week of May 20, 2019.
- Fall awards will be announced the week of December 16, 2019.
FOR GRADUATE PROGRAM USE ONLY
Nomination and Deadlines
Nominations from the graduate program chair are due to Graduate Studies by:
- Spring nomination deadline: Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 15, 2019.
- Fall nomination deadline: Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019.
The program's top two (2) ranked applications may be sent to Heidi West either by e-mail (email@example.com) or mail:
University of California, Davis
Attn: Heidi West
One Shields Avenue
250 Mrak Hall
Davis, CA 95616