The Digital Engagement Workshops will continue with a series beginning in January. This next group of workshops will collaborate leads for graduate student outreach and recruitment to build a robust online presence.
Workshops will explore concepts and how to build a foundation of engagement for any size program or limitations on time and resources.
Workshops (3 hours)
|Topic||Date and Time||Location||Register|
|Writing for Email, Websites and Social Media||January 31st, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||203 Mrak Hall||REGISTRATION COMING SOON|
Targeting Diverse Graduate Student Applicant Pools
|February 6th, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||203 Mrak Hall||REGISTRATION COMING SOON|
|Social Media 101: Creating a Plan for Simple and Effective Broadcasting||March 26th, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||203 Mrak Hall||REGISTRATION COMING SOON|
Advanced Planning and Understanding Website Analytics
|April 25th, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||203 Mrak Hall||REGISTRATION COMING SOON|
Design Your Slate Email Inquiries
|May 21st, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.||203 Mrak Hall||REGISTRATION COMING SOON|
- Who can attend these meetings?
- Workshops and work groups are available to any graduate group or program faculty and/or staff. Priority is given to graduate coordinators.
- How many people from my graduate group should we send?
- Graduate groups and programs should limit attendees to 1 person, as space is limited to 24 people per session.
- I missed an event! Will slides be available?
- Yes. Slides will be posted on this page after each event.
- Do I need to attend every session?
- It is recommended that you attend as many workshops and work groups as possible. Alternate workshops will only be available if there are enough requests. Because each session builds on each other, priority registration will be given to those that can attend a majority of classes.
- The sessions are long and during lunch. Will there be food?
- Yes. Lunch will be provided and dietary restrictions should be noted on the registration pages.
- Will Grad Studies write my content and post my social media for us?
- No. Grad Studies will guide participants on preparation and facilitate to collaborate to design materials through swift systems.
- What if I'm not sure if I can attend. Should I sign up right away?
- Sign up soon to hold your spot. Priority will be given to those that sign up for a majority of the series and will be moved into a priority position. You will receive confirmation if there is a change in your registration. Note that those who do not show for 2 sessions and have registered for future workshops will waive future priority positions to those who attend on a regular basis.