Skip to main content

Submitting Your Transcripts

UC Davis is now accepting applications to graduate programs for the 2021-2022 academic year.
We continue to follow the developments of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and monitor situations on campus and around the world. Your safety, wellbeing, and educational experience are our priorities.

UC Davis will provide updates about the evolving situation on our Coronavirus information page.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding graduate admissions, please visit the Graduate Studies COVID-19 guidance page or contact your graduate program coordinator.

Submitting Your Transcripts and Academic Records

You must upload academic records for every college-level institution you have attended or are currently attending (including community college, transfer coursework, study abroad, summer session, etc.). You may upload your transcripts in the Academic History section of the application *or* after submitting your application using your Application Status Page.

It is very important that you follow the instructions below. Documents which are uploaded incorrectly will prevent your application from being reviewed.

Current and former UC Davis students must also upload a UC Davis transcript. You can find your transcript online at SISWeb or MyUCDavis (please do not use OASIS transcripts).

Preparing Your Transcripts for Upload

UC Davis will accept images of original paper transcripts, unofficial advising transcripts, or even web portal transcripts. However, the document you upload must meet all of the following requirements:

  • Your upload must include ALL of the same information that would appear on an official transcript, including:
    • Your full name
    • The name of the college/university
    • A complete list of all coursework listed by academic term, including number of units and grades earned
    • Any degree you have already earned (and the degree date)
    • Your overall grade point average (GPA), if your college/university provides it
  • Your upload must be large enough to read, not blurry or pixelated, and all pages must be rotated so that the text is right-side up (not upside down or sideways).
  • Unless the back of your transcript is completely blank (no stamps, signatures, grading scales or course information, etc.), you must upload images of the front and back your transcript.

Additional instructions for U.S. applicants:

It is your responsibility to remove any Social Security Number (SSN) information from any transcripts you upload to UC Davis as part of the application process. Be sure to check each page of your transcript carefully to make sure that no part of your SSN is included in the upload. If your transcript includes your SSN, use ink, white-out, correction tape, etc. to remove it before uploading.

Additional instructions for applicants with international transcripts or academic records:

If your transcripts or academic records are in a language other than English, you must upload a PDF which includes BOTH the original language documents *and* English translations. Any of the following translation resources are acceptable: 1) the college or university which has issued the documents, 2) a WES, IERF, or ECE evaluation, or 3) a government-certified translator.

If you have earned a degree from an institution, your upload must also include proof of the earned degree (for example, a copy of your diploma and/or degree certificate).  If your university includes a grading scale on your academic record explaining their grading system, you must include that as well.

Final Notes

  • Applicants who are admitted to a UC Davis graduate program will receive instructions for sending the required official copies of their transcripts or academic records to UC Davis Graduate Studies.
  • UC Davis officials may contact the schools of selected applicants to verify their documents. If we are unable to verify transcripts or academic records, UC Davis reserves the right to cancel the application or withdraw an offer of admission.

If you have additional questions about your transcripts/academic records, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.