Opening in 2020, the Graduate Center will promote interdisciplinary interactions and build community by serving students and postdoctoral scholars. The Graduate Center will house a variety of spaces including office space, a quiet writing room, a parent study lounge, informal interaction areas, small meeting rooms and conference rooms for graduate student events. In addition, the Graduate Center will provide access to a variety of graduate student services, including the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development, diversity resources, counseling and advising. Please see the detailed list of facilities and building tenants below.
- Meeting Rooms
- There will be four meeting rooms (A,B,C,Lewin) that graduate students, graduate student organizations, graduate faculty, graduate coordinators, and graduate studies staff will be able to reserve at no cost. These rooms accommodate up to six individuals for qualifying exams, practice presentations, and small meetings. When is not reserved, graduate students may use these rooms for shared study. Each meeting room will be equipped with 65" televisions, and video conferencing capabilities.
- Parent Study Lounge
- There will be a dedicated parent study lounge that graduate students with children may reserve at no cost. Policies involving the use of the room are still being determined and will be announced prior to the opening of the building. This room will be equipped with a 60" television, and video conferencing capabilities.
- Conference Rooms
- There will be three conference rooms (Gibeling 1220, 1230, and 1130) that will be available by reservation only. Each conference room is equipped with mobile furniture, large television displays, wireless microphone(s), and video conference systems.
- Loury Collaborative Studio
- The Loury Collaborative Studio will provide space for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to engage in collaborative and planning activities such as career studios, meet-ups, and brainstorming sessions to foster creative, cross-disciplinary interactions - particularly those that support professional and career development. The LCS will be reserved for students and postdocs participating in the following cohort-based programs to enhance their professional and career development: Professors for the Future; Leaders for the Future; and Graduate Writing Fellows. This space will not be available for online reservation. For more information about the use of this space, please contact the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development.
- Graduate Commons
- The Graduate Commons will serve as the heart of the Graduate Center, providing community space for up to 100 individuals. Mixed seating options will provide ample space for studying, small informal meetings and social interaction. Plans are underway to include public microwaves in this space. The Commons will not be available for online reservations, as the space is prioritized for informal interaction space and building tenant events.
- Quiet Writing Room
- The Quiet Writing Room will be reserved for shared study at all times. This room will not be available for reservation. The room provides quiet writing and study space for up to 25 students. The room is mixed with sofa and table seating with built-in power. The rooms sprawling windows look over the Student Community Center's fountain providing a relaxing study space.
- Graduate Center Kitchen
- The kitchen is available for special event reservation with any Conference Room in the Graduate Center. The kitchen provides catering prep space including a sink, microwave, dishwasher, and access to a shared refrigerator. Please note that the kitchen is not available to the public and requires a reservation for special event use.
- Walker Hall Classrooms (1330, 1320, 1310)
- Graduate Studies does not oversee the use of the general classrooms in Walker Hall. The Office of the Registrar manages the use of these classrooms. For reservation information, please see the Office of the Registrar’s website. Special event reservations for classrooms are managed by Conference and Event Services.
GradPathways Institute for Professional Development
Graduate Counseling and Psychological Services
- Graduate Studies Administrative Offices
Graduate Student Association
- Graduate Student Food Resource Pantry
- Graduate Student Association Offices
Postdoctoral Scholars Association
- Postdoctoral Scholar Association Office