Competitive Edge Summer Bridge Program
The UC Davis Competitive Edge summer bridge program is an eight-week “early start” research and professional development program for selected incoming graduate students that will take place Monday, July 19-Friday, September 10, 2021. Competitive Edge is motivated by the belief that a diverse graduate student body enhances the quality of the educational experience for all students. Tied directly to UC Davis' strategic plan To Boldly Go, Competitive Edge works towards fulfilling our mission to be fully inclusive and supportive of all students.
This program is entirely virtual for 2021.
UC Davis Competitive Edge participants will engage in a full suite of activities designed to enhance your acclimation to and potential for success in graduate school. This includes weekly seminars that provide:
- Advanced introduction to UC Davis faculty
- Advanced introduction to key UC Davis campus resources
- Relocation support
- Professional development workshops
- Grant writing & development
- Early mentorship from UC Davis faculty and peer mentors
- A community-building and wellness activities
- Summer stipend of $4,000
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2021.
DECISIONS WILL BE EMAILED BY JUNE 4, 2021.
PROGRAM DATES: July 19-September 10, 2021