Holistic U is an orientation experience which focuses on the unique issues facing newly admitted graduate students from historically marginalized communities. It is designed to prepare participating students for issues they may experience in their first year of graduate school through interactive workshops, panels, and networking activities with their peers, faculty, and staff. It is open to all students who are committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive academic environment.
Holistic U focuses on a holistic approach to:
- your graduate experience (You),
- your community (Us), and the
- University environment applied to equity, inclusion and diversity.
This year, the program will have two parts:
- Two-day virtual event to be held in late August 2021
- In-person programming, to coincide with the Graduate Studies Resource Fair in September 2021
Applications to participate in this year's Holistic U will open in July 2021.
For more information about Holistic U, contact the Diversity Team.
Additional information about Graduate Diversity can be found on our Diversity page.