About Graduate Student Orientation
Sponsored by Graduate Studies, Graduate Student Orientation (GSO) is an intensive social and academic overview for new graduate students, comprised of workshops, panel discussions, and social activities designed to help new students prepare for some of the expected and unexpected side effects of graduate school and become familiar with the various university services available to graduate students.
All incoming graduate students are strongly encouraged to register for orientation and must register for the mandatory sexual violence prevention training.
Steps to Register for Orientation:
- Step One: Submit Your Statement of Intent to Register
- Completing your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) lets us know that you plan to enroll in your graduate program at UC Davis. You will be unable to register for orientation, get your student ID card, or register for classes until you’ve submitted your SIR. To complete your SIR, follow the steps listed below:
- Log in and view your admission letter using the link provided to you via email.
- Click on the “Accept or Decline Your Admission to Graduate Study at UC Davis” button at the very bottom of the letter.
- Use the form to indicate whether you accept the admission offer (the deadline to do so is August 1).
- Review the "Next Steps" section to see what else is needed to prepare for graduate study at UC Davis.
- Step Two: Set Up Your Computing Account
- All new students must establish a campus computing account and a UC Davis e-mail account. Go to the Information Technology website and follow the instructions for establishing a computing account, Kerberos ID (your campus login ID) and password. It may take up to 48 hours after submitting the Statement of Intent to Register before you are able to access this function.
- Step Three: Order Your Aggie Card
- You will need to order your AggieCard (the UC Davis identification card) in order to access certain services on campus. Go to the AggieCard website and follow the steps listed for a graduate student to obtain an AggieCard.
- Step Four: Download the Orientation Schedule (available August 2018)
- Save and/or print the Graduate Student Orientation schedule (available August 2018). Note the sessions that you plan to attend.
- Step Five: Register for Graduate Student Orientation (available August 2018)
- Registration for 2018 Graduate Student Orientation will open in August 2018. Please revisit this site periodically for additional details.
Have questions about orientation? Email us at email@example.com.