About Graduate Student Orientation
Sponsored by Graduate Studies, Graduate Student Orientation (GSO) is an overview for new graduate students, consisting of online modules and videos to help new students prepare for some of the expected and unexpected aspects of graduate school. We encourage you to use orientation as an opportunity to become familiar with the various university services available to graduate students.
The online orientation will provide incoming students with the ability to learn about key areas of their graduate experience and identify the right individuals to answer your questions before you arrive on campus. You will also have the ability to reference the orientation platform throughout your graduate career.
Graduate Student Resource Fair
Graduate Studies will host an in-person event on September 13, 2021 to welcome all new incoming students to campus and to the new Graduate Center at Walker Hall. This will include a graduate resource fair and community building event. More information will be released over the summer.
Steps to Orientation:
- Step One: Submit Your Statement of Intent to Register
- Completing your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) lets us know that you plan to enroll in your graduate program at UC Davis. You will be unable to complete orientation, get your student ID card, or register for classes until you’ve submitted your SIR. To complete your SIR, follow the steps listed below:
- Log in to the Applicant Status Portal and view your admission letter using the link provided to you via email.
- Open the "Statement of Intent to Register Form" and select the “Accept or Decline Your Admission to Graduate Study at UC Davis.”
- Use the form to indicate whether you accept the admission offer (the deadline to do so is August 1).
- Review the "Next Steps" section to see what else is needed to prepare for graduate study at UC Davis.
- Step Two: Establish Computing Account in Applicant Status Portal
1. You must establish your Campus Computing Account, this includes your UC Davis Email address, before you can register for Orientation. Click the "Establish Computing Account" in the "Next Steps Checklist."
2. Click the hyperlink in the 'Next Steps Checklist' labeled "New Student Orientation" for more information.
- Step Three: Begin Graduate Student Orientation (available early July)
- Once your computing account has been established. You can return to the applicant status portal and complete the Graduate Student Orientation - Aggie 201. You can find the Graduate Student Orientation under the "Next Steps Checklist." Please complete the orientation by September 13, 2021.
Have questions about orientation? Email us at email@example.com.