About Graduate Student Orientation
Sponsored by Graduate Studies, Graduate Student Orientation (GSO) is an intensive social and academic overview for new graduate students, comprised of workshops, panel discussions, and social activities designed to help new students prepare for some of the expected and unexpected side effects of graduate school and become familiar with the various university services available to graduate students. All incoming graduate students are strongly encouraged to register for orientation.
Steps to Register for Orientation:
- Step One: Submit Your Statement of Intent to Register
- Completing your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) lets us know that you plan to enroll in your graduate program at UC Davis. You will be unable to register for orientation, get your student ID card, or register for classes until you’ve submitted your SIR. To complete your SIR, follow the steps listed below:
- Log in and view your admission letter using the link provided to you via email.
- Click on the “Accept or Decline Your Admission to Graduate Study at UC Davis” button at the very bottom of the letter.
- Use the form to indicate whether you accept the admission offer (the deadline to do so is August 1).
- Review the "Next Steps" section to see what else is needed to prepare for graduate study at UC Davis.
- Step Two: Set Up Your Computing Account
- All new students must establish a campus computing account and a UC Davis e-mail account. Go to the Information Technology website and follow the instructions for establishing a computing account, Kerberos ID (your campus login ID) and password. It may take up to 48 hours after submitting the Statement of Intent to Register before you are able to access this function.
- Step Three: Order Your Aggie Card
- You will need to order your AggieCard (the UC Davis identification card) in order to access certain services on campus. Go to the AggieCard website and follow the steps listed for a graduate student to obtain an AggieCard. The Registrar will be holding all graduate student ID cards (AggieCards) and graduate students will be able to pick them up once they arrive to Davis. The University Registrar AggieCard Office is located at 253 Memorial Union.
- Step Four: Register for Graduate Student Orientation
- Sign up for Graduate Student Orientation by completing the orientation registration form. Please take note of any other orientations (such as TA Orientation or International Graduate Student Orientation) that you may be required to attend.
Have questions about orientation? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.