You have received an offer of admission for graduate study at UC Davis. You have submitted your Statement of Intent to Register. What's next?
Here is some important information and steps you will need to take:
- You will need your UC Davis student ID number. That number is located on your admission letter.
- All new students must establish a campus computing account and a UC Davis e-mail account. Go to the Information Technology website. Follow the instructions for establishing a computing account, Kerberos ID (your campus login ID) and password. It may take up to 48 hours after submitting the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) before you are able to access this function.
- Now that you have been accepted and you have submitted your Statement of Intent to Register, established a Kerberos ID and password and have your UC Davis e-mail account, you can submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR). See "Preparing to File the Statements of Legal Residence (SLR)" for information on preparing your statement on the Office of the University Registrar's website. There is an online form which you will fill out and submit online.
- You can access your university record through the Student Information System on the Web (SISWEB).
- Be certain to get in touch with your Graduate Coordinator and Faculty Advisor in your graduate program as you prepare to start your graduate studies here at UC Davis. There may be program-specific requirements for you to meet before you register for classes.
- When you are ready to enroll in coursework, access registration through Schedule Builder. Registration deadlines are available on the Office of the University Registrar's Academic Calendar.
- You will need to obtain your AggieCard (the UC Davis identification card) in order to access certain services on campus. Starting July 2013, you can go to the AggieCard website and follow the steps listed for a graduate student to obtain an AggieCard.
Per university policy and IRS regulations, all students receiving financial support or who are or will be employed by the university are required to report his/her SSN to the university. Go to SISWEB, go to "Personal Information", and click the "Report SSN" link. Note: If you are temporarily in the United States to attend UC Davis with a nonimmigrant F-1, M-1 or J-1 student classification and you will not be receiving any financial support disbursed by the university, you are not required to obtain a social security number.
Graduate Student Guide
The Graduate Student Guide is designed to provide graduate students with valuable information they will need in the next few years. It will also help connect students with the wide range of offices and professionals around the campus dedicated to supporting graduate students. In the guide you will find a summary of the regulations and guidelines governing graduate study at UC Davis as well as descriptions of the many non-academic resources available to UC Davis graduate students and their families.
Admissions & Academic Services Student Drop-In Schedule
Graduate students can be seen on a convenient drop-in basis: Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Plus, our friendly staff will schedule appointments for students Monday through Friday. Call (530) 752-0650.
Graduate Student Orientations
Graduate Student Orientation: is two days of workshops, presentations and activities designed to introduce graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to the resources and services available at UC Davis. Topics and activities include:
- Professional development
- Accessing campus and community resources
- Securing funding during graduate school
- Diversity and diversity services at UC Davis
- Balancing life and graduate school
- Student health and health care
Graduate Diversity Orientation Program (GDOP) prepares students for issues they may experience in their first year by focusing on diversity topics in higher education and success in graduate school. GDOP brings together incoming students who seek to promote diversity in their programs over three days of community building and professional development activities.
International Graduate Student Orientation (IGSO) is a mandatory orientation for international students. IGSO will provide a series of workshops, presentations, and networking opportunities that will address issues and concerns specific to international students..
All three orientations are held end of September. To register or to find out more about this year's Orientation programs.
Mandatory Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention Workshops
The University of California is committed to creating and maintaining a community where all individuals who participate in university programs and activities can work and learn together in an atmosphere free of harassment, exploitation, or intimidation. Every member of the community should be aware that the university prohibits sexual harassment and sexual violence, and that such behavior violates both federal law and university policy. In concert with this commitment and recent legislation, the Harassment & Discrimination Assistance and Prevention Program is sponsoring instructor-led educational programming on sexual harassment and sexual violence prevention and resources. All graduate and professional school students new to UC Davis must attend one of these workshops. Please be aware that it is mandatory for you to attend a training session. Please bring your student ID to record your attendance; registration is not necessary.
The university’s policy on sexual harassment and sexual violence can be found at http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/PPM/400/400-20.pdf.
Thank You for Choosing UC Davis
We hope that you find your time as a graduate student intellectually stimulating and personally rewarding. The process of earning a graduate degree is filled with significant academic, professional and personal challenges. For most students, graduate school is a period of intense learning and scholarly achievement. It can also be a period of continued personal growth and maturation. Best wishes as you embark on this next phase of your educational journey!