Counseling services help students to realize their academic and personal goals. Meeting with a counselor can help students clarify issues, explore options, and cope more effectively.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Counseling Services offers:
- Individual Counseling offered via secure video conferencing or by telephone consultation. Schedule an appointment via the Health-e-Messaging secure portal or by calling 530.752.0871
- Mental Health Crisis Consultation Services are available by calling 530.752.0871. If this is an emergency call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Podcasts and You Got This (YGT) workshops aimed at strategies for helping you cope with COVID-19 changes are available through our Skills Workshop page.
- If you are interested in group services, schedule a One Time Visit with one of our counselors via the Health-e-Messaging portal or call 530.752.0871 to discuss your options.
- The TAO Mindfulness Library is available free to everyone!
Dr. Bai-Yin Chen is a psychologist specializing in college mental health and graduate student concerns and issues. Dr. Chen works with Graduate Studies to provide mental health support to graduate students. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Chen, you can e-mail her at email@example.com.
After Hours Consultation with a Mental Health Professional
Mental health staff are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week by phone at (530) 752-2349. Follow the prompts to reach a mental health counselor.
Case Managers from the Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA) are available to assist graduate students with a variety of needs. Submit a Student Support Referral and a campus case manager will reach out to the student to help. Review the OSSJA Resources page for links to support resources.