The purpose of Graduate Program Review is to promote excellence in graduate programs at UC Davis. The review, conducted by the Graduate Council of the Academic Senate, is an opportunity for programs to evaluate past achievements, current status, and future directions related to graduate education.
Approximately 10 programs are reviewed each year, with the expectation that each graduate program be reviewed every seven years. Occasionally, a program may be reviewed more frequently by administrative request or where problems have arisen that require Graduate Council's (GC) consideration. Where opportunity for improvement is identified, the review will give guidance to the program and to administrators about how such opportunities may be pursued. Where programs are inadequate, the review will suggest concrete steps to rectify weaknesses and enable a return to an acceptable standard. In some cases, Graduate Council may recommend closure of a program. For those programs that are excellent, the review process will endorse this excellence.
- Review Schedule
- Program Review Guidelines
- Graduate Program Review Orientation
- 2017-18 Program Review Deadlines and Contact Information
- DE Review Guidelines
- Guidelines for Evaluating and Prioritizing Graduate Programs
- Requesting a Delay of Programmatic Review
- Policy for Programmatic Changes Submitted During Program Review
- Staff Guidelines: Executive Summary and Data Section