For graduate students and postdocs. Learn proven techniques for creating successful and memorable presentations for conferences, meetings,seminars, and even to present your work to non-academic audiences.
Please register: https://w20effectivepresentations.eventbrite.com
- Explore what kinds of structures are most effective
- Understand why structure is essential to a good presentation
- Learn how to organize your presentation
- Learn how to use speaking notes
- Explore what kinds of visual aids are available to you
- Learn how visual aids can add to your presentation
- Discover what techniques are the most effective
- Learn what NOT to do with PowerPoint
Instructor: Margaret Mantor, PhD
Dr. Mantor completed her PhD in Geography from UC Davis. She designed and has twice taught a popular a graduate-level course to help other graduate students and postdoctoral scholars overcome the debilitating effects of public speaking anxiety. Her motivation arose out of her own experience with public speaking anxiety and the desire to master this common fear and become a successful presenter. She now enjoys teaching and giving presentations in academia and to non-academic audiences and looks forward to sharing what she has learned and helping you overcome your anxieties related to public speaking.
Sponsored by the GradPathways Institute for Professional Development (Graduate Studies)