Applying to the UC Davis Envision Program
Envision-ing UC Davis for Grad School Timeline
From April 4-5, 2018, the Envision Program will sponsor a campus visit for students who are interested in pursuing graduate school.
Application Open Date:
February 5, 2018
Application Due Date:
February 19, 2018 by 11:59pm
Applicant Notification Date:
The week of March 5, 2018
2018 Program Agenda
*Subject to change
|April 4, 2018|
|11:00am -12:00pm||Arrive to UC Davis Campus|
|12:00pm||Lunch and welcome from Provost Hexter|
|1:00pm||Roundtable with Graduate Students|
Break to travel to Faculty/Department Tours
|2:15pm||Faculty/Department Tours within College of Letters and Science|
|3:45pm||Bus to Hotel|
|5:00pm||Reception with Faculty|
|6:00pm||Dinner with Faculty|
|April 5, 2018|
|7:30am||Breakfast on own at the Hotel|
|10:00am||Meeting with Chancellor May|
|10:45am||Grad School 101|
- What is the schedule of events?
- The Envision program is an immersive 1 1/2 days (Wednesday afternoon through Thursday afternoon). Accepted participants should plan to dedicate the entire time to taking advantage of the many elements provided: including department and lab tours, admissions and financial info sessions, networking opportunities, one-to-one faculty meetings, engaging dinners and socials with graduate faculty, alumni, students, and staff, and much more. A finalized detailed schedule will be provided to accepted participants closer to the program date.
- When will I be notified of my application status?
- Applicants will receive application status notifications no later than March 5, 2018. After careful review of your application by the committee, you will receive a notice of accepted or denied or waitlisted.
- How will I receive updated information regarding the Envision program?
- Direct correspondence to applicants will be distributed through email. It is important that you provide an email account, which you access regularly, on your application. Once accepted, applicants should check their emails (including spam) frequently between February 19th through April 4th for Envision correspondence. For general information and updates about the Envision program, please check the Envision website grad.ucdavis.edu/envision.
Participating Academic Programs
- Applied Mathematics
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Dramatic Art
- Native American Studies
- Performance Studies
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Political Science
- Study of Religion