Foster an environment of academic excellence
1.1. Strengthen multidisciplinary education and research.
- Facilitate the development of new multidisciplinary graduate programs to fulfill the critical workforce needs of the state and world at large.
- In collaboration with the Office of Research, explore the potential development of research centers, institutes and consortia to provide research opportunities for graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty.
1.2. Provide data and guidance to improve governance of graduate programs.
- Produce and disseminate graduate program annual reports detailing statistics on student retention, completion rates, time to degree and competitive funding.
- Provide training to empower program faculty and staff to effectively utilize the data.
- Develop a new enrollment- and metrics-based graduate program funding allocation framework to ensure programs are provided with the support they need.