Facilitate the holistic development of individuals
4.1. Maintain and expand programs regarding faculty mentoring and advising.
- Increase graduate faculty participation in the Mentoring at Critical Transitions Seminar Series and the Mentoring at Critical Transitions Fellowship.
- Expand the Distinguished Graduate and Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholar Mentoring Award programs to recognize additional mentors.
- Create an annual electronic progress report to streamline processing and facilitate valuable discussions between students and faculty.
4.2. Provide professional development resources and training.
- Expand the Graduate Studies portfolio of professional development training available to include programs focused on the students’ desired career paths and experiential training, increasing the students’ ability to pursue a variety of academic and industry careers.
4.3. Determine services to be delivered to postdoctoral scholars.
- Perform a comprehensive review of the needs of UC Davis postdoctoral scholars, as well as what services are currently offered.
- Develop postdoctoral scholar-specific professional development opportunities, training resources and communication processes.
4.4. Expand and improve the student services housed in Graduate Studies.
- Strengthen support services including mental health counseling, mentorship training, student orientation and dispute resolution.
- Develop processes that better facilitate campus dialogue and allow graduate student voices to be heard and recognized.